Posted by Dr. Dave Walsh • August 23, 2012
Posted by Dr. Dave Walsh • August 23, 2012 • 1 Comment
I have two boys 16 and 12. One is very introverted and the other is VERY extroverted and exuberant. They really push each other's buttons. The older one is very condescending and the younger one is really silly and obnoxious. They FIGHT ALL THE TIME and it is really getting to a crescendo in that my husband and I are starting to have a lot of conflict over this matter. ...More...
Posted by Dr. Dave Walsh • August 22, 2012
We talk to parents a lot about the teenage brain and the development of the prefrontal cortex (PFC) during adolescence. We know that young people need a lot of practice managing their emotional impulses and that, for some teens, things can turn rocky or explosive on a dime.
When your teen's PFC heads out to lunch,...More...
Posted by Dr. Dave Walsh • August 6, 2012
A Child’s School Success Checklist
- My child is curious and ready to have fun!
- When I ask my child to wait, he or she can wait for a period of time.
- My child enjoys reading.
- My child can work independently.
- My child can stick to and finish a task.
- My child eats fruits and veggies and gets exercise. ...