A Child’s School Success Checklist
- My child is curious and ready to have fun!
- When I ask my child to wait, he or she can wait for a period of time.
- My child enjoys reading.
- My child can work independently.
- My child can stick to and finish a task.
- My child eats fruits and veggies and gets exercise.
- My child knows how to share.
- My child gets adequate sleep (9-10 hours).
Parents Back to School Checklist
- I know what my child is interested in, excited about, and worried about for the upcoming school year.
- I know my child’s teacher and school contact information.
- I understand school policies and expectations and will reinforce them at home.
- I’ve decided on a time and place for homework.
- I’ve set limits and consequences around media use and homework.
- I’ve worked with my child to create a daily routine or pattern that ensures time for homework, rest, and fun!