Summer is here! This means more hours for fun, more opportunities to hear the word "I'm bored!" and tons of opportunities for learning.
Rather than recreate the wheel we wanted to share the incredible work of friends and colleagues who've done a great job compiling lists and ideas for summer fun.
- Digital Fun for Creative Kids - An incredible list of Apps and digital tools from Common Sense Media that encourage kids to create, tell stories, code, build, and create art and media. Blow the old idea of a couch potato out of the water and get your kids actively creating online. (All Ages)
- Do The Summer Countdown - Five simple steps to keep your kids' brains and bodies active all summer long from Sprockets. This organization also has program ideas for teens in Minnesota. Look for a similar resource in your state! (All Ages)
- Summer Fun - Education.com always has a great list of activities, printables, and games. (Pre-K and Elementary)
- Stuck in a summer rut? Look at Pinterest. Just search "summer fun" on Pinterest and you will come up with all kinds of incredible ideas. DIY lava lamps? You got it. Don't have time for that? Try a backyard alphabet hunt. (Pre-K and Elementary)
- Summer of Solutions. Summer is a great time for youth to make an impact on their community. Summer of Solutions gives youth the chance to be "solutionaries" and participate in social change work in select cities around the country. (Teens)
We will keep updating this list as the summer goes on. Do you have anything to add?